The Forté Orthopedic Research Institute is happy to offer clinical observation experiences to future healthcare professionals. These experiences are offered to help learners decide their career paths, supplement current educational activities, or shadow healthcare professionals in their field of choice.
Please understand that our practice has a high volume of students year-round. We may not be able to honor all requests. Only complete applications will be considered including detailed learning objectives.
The Forté Orthopedic Research Institute Health Career Observation Program has qualifications and limitations set for application. Please read before proceeding.
- Clinical observations are reserved for high school and college educational experiences only. Healthcare professionals are not permitted to observe. Please do not solicit for an observation experience.
- Interested in pursuing a healthcare career
- 15 years of age prior to being permitted to observe in a non-patient area
- 16 years of age and at least a junior in high school prior to being permitted in an inpatient care area
- 18 years of age to observe in an operating room limited to 10 experiences per year. (Please note that additional forms are required for surgical observations).
- Have a photo ID ready to present the day of observation
Observation experiences are available for up to two 4 hour blocks to be completed within 1 week.